We have missed you!!
Gym June 20 Reopen Date!
Hello Gymnastic Spectrum families! Finally some good news! We are so excited to announce Gymnastic Spectrum can re-open on Saturday, June 20th. We can’t wait to see all of the kids back in action! We understand that many of you have been anxiously awaiting our reopen, so have we! We also realize that you may have some apprehension regarding how we are going to open safely. Please know that your goal is our goal; to keep you and your family healthy and safe while we get back to classes. We have implemented many safety procedures and facility updates (please see below) to assure our gym continues to be a fun and safe environment for all.
Partnership: We can’t do this without you!
We are imploring you, our gym families, to become our partners as we take these next important steps forward. We have been working hard to implement new procedures as we prepare to reopen.
Below you will find our “Guide to Return”. This guide will be your family’s road map to a safe and healthy return to gymnastics and ninja classes. Please take the time to review this with your student prior to returning to class.
Thank you in advance for your patience and cooperation as we open our doors and get back to doing what we love to do: teaching kids!!
Student Drop off / Arrival Traffic Flow
We ask that ALL students/visitors enter through our NINJA side front doors (under the black awning).
If a child is being dropped off, students must be dropped off by parent/guardian inside the facility after completing his/her wellness check (see below).
An updated electronic waiver is required for each family before entering the facility.
Please limit to 1 accompanying adult per family until further notice.
Arrive no sooner than 10 minutes prior to class time.
- Upon entry, temperature checks will be taken for all visitors (employees, students and parents/guardians). Anyone appearing ill or who has a temperature over 100 will not be permitted to enter the building. Any person sent home must be fever free (without medication) 72 hours prior to return.
- Parents are required to wear face coverings when entering the building and in common areas, unless he/she has a medical condition prohibiting them to do so.
- Students, adults and employees will be required to sanitize/wash hands upon entering facility.
Prior to Class
- Please arrive with student/s as ready as possible for class:
- GYMNASTICS: leotard is required (we can no longer provide one if left at home), hair pulled back out of face, shoes & socks removed (flip flops are preferred).
- NINJA: We ask Ninjas bring (2) pairs of shoes, (1) to arrive in and (1) to wear in the gym (preferrably not worn outside)
- At this time, we can no longer provide water cups for students who forgot water. Please bring a filled water bottle or you may purchase one from a vending machine.
- We have a NEW water bottle system we will be implementing for classes! Water bottles will be brought into the gym (water only, no gatorade/juice. Please have your child’s name on the bottle). Your child’s instructor will store it in a container for their group and will bring it from rotation to rotation.
- Please limit belongings brought into the facility. We have suspended our lost and found. All remaining water bottles/belongings will be discarded from the facility at the end of each business day.
- Students & instructors will be required to sanitize hands after every rotation.
- Stations and class activities will be modified to allow distance between children to the best of our ability.
- Face coverings are not permitted for students exercising in either gym.
- Parents are encouraged to wear face coverings inside the gym if participating in a Parent & Child / Preschool class.
- Parent & Child /Preschool lesson plans will be modified to limit the use of props. Props used will be ones that can be cleaned. Until further notice, we will not be using stamps or stickers.
- Instructors will do their best to implement social distancing, however, to teach gymnastics and ninja safely and effectively, clear oral instructions and attentive spotting are essential. For that reason, our staff may elect to not wear a mask. Further, spotting will require our staff to physically guide children through their routines, so physical contact will be inevitable.
- If entering the facility, parents will be responsible for themselves and any children/siblings maintaining social distancing in the lobby.
- At this time, there will be no access to our party rooms and no complimentary coffee 🙁
After class/ Student Pick up/ Departure Traffic Flow
- Due to cleaning between classes, we have suspended instructor/parent interaction in the lobby after class. If you have any questions/comments for your child’s instructor, we are happy to converse by phone. Please let our hospitality team know if you would like to do so.
- Equipment and gym matting will be cleaned frequently.
- High contact surface areas of common areas (lobby, bathroom) will be cleaned frequently.
- If a child is being picked up, students must be picked up by a parent/guardian inside the facility.
- We ask that ALL students/visitors exit through our GYMNASTICS side front doors.
Along with new procedures, we have also been working hard implementing the following facility updates:
- Wellness check station using touch-less thermometers.
- Anti-viral filtration system installed in HVAC units.
- Medi aire purifier (used in hospitals) installed in both gyms.
- Medical grade cleaning by professional cleaning company prior to opening.
- Plexi-glass sneeze protectors installed at hospitality desks.
- All surfaces to be cleaned with Simple Green DPro 5.
- Foam pits will be covered with a tarp until further notice.
- Hand free towel dispensers installed in bathrooms.
- Gallons of hand sanitizer purchased for use throughout facility.
- Furniture has been removed from our lobby at this time.
- Digital flyers, schedules and information! (touch-less)